Fabulous light dish that's great on a hot summers night. An easy recipe to swap different ingredients around. Coriander (cilantro) instead of basil is yum! Also some crispy bacon or prosciutto goes well. Please note an Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
- 200 g pasta shells
- 425 g cooked chicken, chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red capsicum
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine pasta with chicken, tomatoes, capsicum, onion, olives and basil in a large bowl.
- Make dressing - combine all ingredients in a screw top jar, shake to combine.
- Add dressing to chicken pasta and toss gently to combine all ingredients.