This salad is good served warm, although it can be served cold too. Sometimes I like to throw a few croutons over it if I have them.
- 500 g tiny new potatoes, washed well,but not peeled
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or mix half and half olive and vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until just tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice chicken and bacon into strips.
- Heat the oil and pan-fry the chicken until cooked, remove and pan-fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain chicken and bacon on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Halve the potatoes and toss in the dressing with the chicken, bacon and avocado while still warm.
- Serve on a bed of the mixed lettuce leaves.