This salad is good served warm, although it can be served cold too. Sometimes I like to throw a few croutons over it if I have them.
- 500 g tiny new potatoes, washed well,but not peeled
- 4 chicken thigh fillets
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups mixed lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or mix half and half olive and vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until just tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice chicken and bacon into strips.
- Heat the oil and pan-fry the chicken until cooked, remove and pan-fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain chicken and bacon on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Halve the potatoes and toss in the dressing with the chicken, bacon and avocado while still warm.
- Serve on a bed of the mixed lettuce leaves.
I really enjoyed this recipe, as it is simple and fast to do, as well as being full of flavour. I added choppedbasil to the dressing and I also finished off the plate with a little freshly shaved parmesan. Only complaint would be I think it serves 4 not 6 people, or else we were very hungry another 2 would not have got anything to eat.
I love salads and this was pretty and healthy and yum. I have lots of homegrown tomatoes so added them and left out the bacon. Scaled the size back for just one and loved it on a very hot night.