This is submitted for Ready, Set Cok #3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 cm dice
- 1 kg pumpkin, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small fresh red chile, finely chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut essence
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the garlic, onion, ginger and chilli, and cook until the onion is soft.
- 3Add the diced chicken and cook, stirring for a couple of minutes, or until the chicken changes colour.
- 4Add the pumpkin and the capsicum and cook, stirring for a further 2 minutes.
- 5Add the stock, sauce, juice and sugar, and simmer, covered until the pumpkin is tender and starting to fall apart a little.
- 6Add the evaporated milk and essence and the coriander, and sir until hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Pumpkin and Red Capsicum Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 457.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: