Prep 25 mins
Cook 26 mins
A jazzed up rissole recipe for lovers of tarragon & mushrooms. Recipe from Family Circle
Make and share this Chicken Rissoles in Mushroom Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Combine chicken, breadcrumbs, tarragon, onion and mayonnaise in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and shape into 1 1/2cm thick patties.
- Heat a large frypan and brush lightly with oil. Cook rissoles over medium heat for 8 minutes each side, turning once only.
- Remove from pan and keep warm while preparing sauce.
- To make sauce: Melt butter in frypan, add spring onions and mushrooms and stir-fry over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft, add wine and cream; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 10-12 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened.
I was wanting to try something different and found these in my search. Very moist and tender as others have stated. I added a bit of garlic to sauce and to chicken. As well as added some pepper to the sauce. My firsttime using Taragon and it gave an interesting flavor. I was expecting more of an intense flavor rush from this dish but found it had more of a mellow, comforting flavor. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is truly wonderful!! The chicken rissoles are so moist and tender and I love the flavour of the tarragon that comes through. The rissoles by themselves are gorgeous but with the sauce wow, they are just so good. Like other reviews the sauce would have so many possibilities with other meat dishes. We really enjoyed these so much and the only change I made was to add some garlic to the sauce. An excellent post Mandy and for such ease of making, with such exceptional results, it goes way up into my favourite meals.
Tasty moist rissoles and a wonderfully flavoursome sauce: YUM! For the rissoles, I minced the onion and added 3 cloves of minced garlic (personal taste preference). I made the sauce exactly to the recipe except for using Greek yoghurt instead of the cream, a pretty standard substitution for me. Tarragon is a herb I've not used often, if at all, and I was really wondering just what it would be like. In a word, in this recipe: delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Mandy!