Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from Donna Hay's Flavours Cookbook. In HER recipe she used normal potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. But I prefered it with the sweet potatoes. A very delicious and simple recipe. Quick whip up.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place oil, sweet potatoes, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in baking dish and toss to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till potatoes are almost cooked.
- While potatoes are cooking, brush chicken fillets with a little oil and sprinkle skin with extra salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes till well browned.
- Place chicken skin side up, on top of potatoes and garlic in baking dish.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or till chicken is cooked through, and juices run clear in the thickest part.
- To serve, place the chicken and sweet potatoes on serving plates.
- Squeeze the garlic from its skin and spread on the potatoes and chicken.
- Serve with steamed beans and a squeeze of lemon.
Great combination of flavors and easy to make.I threw in even more garlic and spread it on some warm, buttered crusty bread.
This was really superb. The sweet potatoes are great with the oregano and garlic. I added some pumpkin along with it too for variety and it was very enjoyable. I didn't pre cook my chicken but put it in a small dish in the oven for a bit before adding it on top of the potatoes and it was lovely and juicy. I served this with a mixture of fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan. Lovely!
I am on this weird "Iodine-free diet" for 3 weeks - and must read every label ! This had nothing forbidden, and we eat LOTS of chicken and love sweet potatoes when well seasoned. I used 2 sizeable breasts and 2 potatoes, but kept everything else as listed. (Except SEA salt = no no), and found everything well seasoned and tasty. Thanks, KM, for rescuing me from BORING preps !