I adapted this recipe from Donna Hay's Flavours Cookbook. In HER recipe she used normal potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. But I prefered it with the sweet potatoes. A very delicious and simple recipe. Quick whip up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- 2Place oil, sweet potatoes, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in baking dish and toss to combine.
- 3Bake for 25-30 minutes or till potatoes are almost cooked.
- 4While potatoes are cooking, brush chicken fillets with a little oil and sprinkle skin with extra salt and pepper.
- 5Heat frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes till well browned.
- 6Place chicken skin side up, on top of potatoes and garlic in baking dish.
- 7Bake for a further 10 minutes or till chicken is cooked through, and juices run clear in the thickest part.
- 8To serve, place the chicken and sweet potatoes on serving plates.
- 9Squeeze the garlic from its skin and spread on the potatoes and chicken.
- 10Serve with steamed beans and a squeeze of lemon.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Roasted on Sweet Potatoes And Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets