Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adapted this recipe from Donna Hay's Flavours Cookbook. In HER recipe she used normal potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. But I prefered it with the sweet potatoes. A very delicious and simple recipe. Quick whip up.
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place oil, sweet potatoes, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in baking dish and toss to combine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till potatoes are almost cooked.
- While potatoes are cooking, brush chicken fillets with a little oil and sprinkle skin with extra salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan over medium-high heat, add chicken skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes till well browned.
- Place chicken skin side up, on top of potatoes and garlic in baking dish.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or till chicken is cooked through, and juices run clear in the thickest part.
- To serve, place the chicken and sweet potatoes on serving plates.
- Squeeze the garlic from its skin and spread on the potatoes and chicken.
- Serve with steamed beans and a squeeze of lemon.