1/1 Photo of Chicken Salad With Grapefruit and Pistachios
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A light and refreshing starter for a dinner party or a delicious lunch dish. Adapted from one of Bill Granger's recipes, from the Lifestyle Food Channel. I haven't made this yet, but when I do, since I have zero tolerance of chilli, I'll be omitting the chilli, adding some capers and using Greek Yoghurt in the Yoghurt Dressing. The cooking time below does not include the 30 minutes needed for marinating the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 10 g flat leaf parsley
- 65 g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 grapefruit, segmented
- 1 finely red chile, sliced
- 1Slice each chicken breast into three escalopes.
- 2Place the chicken escalopes on a chopping board, cover with a freezer bag and pound them until they are about 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- 3Place the chicken escalopes in a flat ceramic dish and pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the olive oil over them.
- 4Scatter the lemon slices over the chicken, and add freshly ground black pepper, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- 5Heat a large pan over a high heat for 2 minutes.
- 6Remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle it with sea salt.
- 7Cook the chicken in the pan for 1 minute on each side or until cooked through and golden.
- 8Toss the herbs with the pistachios, onion, grapefruit, chilli and the remaining olive oil, then season to taste.
- 9Divide the onion/grapefruit mixture among four plates and top each with three pieces of chicken.
- 10Serve the chicken with the yoghurt dressing on the side.
- 11To make the yoghurt dressing: Stir all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad With Grapefruit and Pistachios
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.8
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.1 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 61.1 g