Family favorite, and again, way too easy! We use leftover store-bought roast chicken but you could easily poach your own chicken breasts. We also like it as an open face sandwich on French or Italian crusty bread.
- 2 cooked chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 -3 scallions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 4 -5 canned pineapple rings, finely chopped
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mild prepared mustard, to taste (less (or more)
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except almonds.
- Add a little pineapple juice if salad is too thick.
- Serve on crisp lettuce with almonds scattered on top.