1/5 Photos of Chicken Schnitzel - Gluten-Free
A quick and easy schnitzel to make that's gluten-free. I use gluten-free rice crumbs (Orgran brand). Alternately you can make you own gluten-free crumbs by laying slices of GF bread on an oven tray and baking in a slow oven until golden. Then process to a fine crumb using a food processor or placing the bread in a large zip-lock bag and use your rolling-pin. You can omit the cheese if you cant have dairy or use egg replacers if you cant eat eggs. Add some extra pepper or spices of your choice if you like hot or spicey flavours. If leaving out the cheese- you might like to add salt, pepper and other seasonings of your choice- may taste a little bland otherwise
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts (can buy prepared flattened 'shnitzelled' chicken breast pieces if you choose)
- 1/2 cup fine rice flour or 1/2 cup other gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (I use Orgran brand rice crumbs)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika or 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- cooking oil, for pan frying
- 1Slice chicken breasts in halves, lengthways, to make 2 thin chicken breast pieces from each.
- 2Roll with a rolling pin or use a mallet to gentley flatten to quite thin chicken schnitzels.Cut schnitzels to desired size or strips, or leave large if desired.
- 3Coat chicken in rice flour or other gluten free flour and set aside.
- 4In a bowl, lightly whisk eggs or prepare egg replacers.
- 5In another bowl mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- 6Dip chicken schnitzels into the egg. Coat thoroughly and allow any excess to drain. Next dip into crumb mix and set aside. I like to pat the crumbs on after coating. Continue until all chicken is coated in the crumb mixture.
- 7Heat some cooking oil in a pan and cook chicken approx 5 minutes each side. The chicken should be golden and cooked thru.
- 8Serve with your choices of sauce or lemon juice if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Schnitzel - Gluten-Free
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 173.6 mg
- Sodium 297.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: