1/8 Photos of Chicken Thighs With Lemon Garlic
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef floWer's Note:
Don't be put off with large amount of garlic, this recipe is really full of flavour and has excellent sauce. I used on the bone chicken thigh cutlets because I think the chicken has much more flavour if it's kept on the bone and it is much tender. The original recipe comes from ‘Taste of the Sun’ by Jacqueline Clark & Joanna Farrow but I twinkled with it to suit our family. If you don't like a lot of salt in your diet you could use salt reduce liquid chicken stock but this will alter the flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Garlic Flavoured Chicken Hot Stock
- 2 1/2 cups liquid chicken stock
- 20 large garlic cloves
Browning the Chicken
For the Ovenproof Dish
- 1 lemon, peeled, pith removed and sliced thinly
For the Browning Pan
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/3 cup liquid chicken stock (extra)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1To make the "Garlic Flavoured Chicken Hot Stock" put the stock into a pan and bring to the boil. Add the garlic cloves and simmer gently for 40 minutes. Strain the stock and reserve both stock and garlic.
- 2Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/Gas 5.
- 3Fifteen minutes before stock is ready, heat large sauté or frying pan, then add the butter and oil and allow the butter to melt.
- 4Add the chicken thighs and cook gently on both sides until golden brown. Transfer them to an ovenproof dish.
- 5Distribute the garlic (which was in the hot stock) and lemon slices among the chicken pieces in the ovenproof dish.
- 6Add the flour to the pan which you browned the chicken and continuously stirring for one minute.
- 7Add the extra chicken stock, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pan, and then add the hot stock to the same pan. Stirring, until the sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Then pour the sauce over the chicken, cover and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- 10Serve chicken on dinner plates and garnish with chopped parsley
- 11You could serve with boiled new potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Thighs With Lemon Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.9
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 178.2 mg
- Sodium 441.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 38.5 g