1/1 Photo of Chicken With Cranberries and Orange
7 hrs 20 mins
I got this recipe from 'Joan Bishop's New Zealand Crockpot and Slow Cooker Cookbook'. It's very easy to prepare and is really tasty. The chicken turns out really tender and the dried cranberries come out plump and juicy. The author suggests cooking in a crockpot on low 8-9 hours or on high 4-4 1/2 hours. In a slow cooker she suggests cooking on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-3 1/2 hours. I have a slow cooker, so that's the time I've put in the instructions. I used maryland chicken pieces and also used brandy with the cornflour. The author suggests serving with couscous and a salad, but I prefer serving with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 large skinless chicken pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 3 tablespoons brandy or 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1Place the chicken pieces in the cooker.
- 2In a small bowl mix together the garlic, soy sauce, orange zest, juice, tomato paste, cinnamon and marmalade and spoon over the chicken pieces in the cooker.
- 3Cover with the lid and cook following the times and settings in the description above.
- 4Thirty minutes prior to the end of cooking turn the control to high if cooking on low. Stir in the cranberries.
- 5Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with the brandy (or white wine or water) and stir into the juices in the cooker.
- 6Cover with the lid and continue to cook for the final half hour.
- 7Serve sprinkled with chopped mint.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Cranberries and Orange
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces
oranges, zest of