Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe by Bill Granger inspired by a trip to Byron Bay. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds amazing.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 625 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 250 ml water
- 400 g canned chick-peas, rinced and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 eggplant, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 8 black olives
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 orange, flesh cut into 1cm cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, zest of, to garnish (use above orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place onion, bay leaves, 500ml juice and 250ml water in a pan.
- Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas, cumin and coriander, then cook for a further minute.
- Add cauliflower, eggplant and olives, then cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and remaining 125ml juice, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, orange cubes and oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Cover and stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with zest and extra parsley.