A recipe by Bill Granger inspired by a trip to Byron Bay. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds amazing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 625 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 250 ml water
- 400 g canned chick-peas, rinced and drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1/2 eggplant, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 8 black olives
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 orange, flesh cut into 1cm cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, zest of, to garnish (use above orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Place onion, bay leaves, 500ml juice and 250ml water in a pan.
- 2Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then simmer for 1 minute.
- 3Add chickpeas, cumin and coriander, then cook for a further minute.
- 4Add cauliflower, eggplant and olives, then cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Add zucchini and remaining 125ml juice, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Add parsley, orange cubes and oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- 7Remove from heat and stir.
- 8Cover and stand for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Serve with zest and extra parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea and Orange Hotpot
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of