This is a Bill Granger recipe from bill's food.
Make and share this Chickpea Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 green chilies, Seeded And Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 800 g canned chick-peas (Drained)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- Heat a large deep frying pan over a medium to high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and salt.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the chickpeas, water, cumin, turmeric and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, or until the water evaporates.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes to soften.
- Remove from the heat, stir through lemon juice and taste for seasoning.
- Stir through spinach and set aside while spinach wilts slightly, then serve.