These look great served in the scallop shells. Just make sure to wash and dry them properly.
Make and share this Chile Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (20ml)
- 32 small scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh red Thai chile, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 80 ml sweet chili sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 125 ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallops in batches, until they just change in colour. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry garlic, ginger, chilies and onion until onion is soft.
- Stir in combined sauces, sugar and stock and bring to a boil. Return scallops to wok, stir until heated through.
- Serve scallops sprinkled with coriander.
Just awesome! had some issues finding the thai chiles so i used a couple of habaneros. yes, that's right, habaneros... i like things super hot. will post the pic i took of it if i can find it.
Just fantastic! I used some larger scallops and because I'd run out of sweet chili sauce used half the quantity of a hot chili sauce, although that did make it quite hot :-).