1/2 Photos of Chile Scallops
These look great served in the scallop shells. Just make sure to wash and dry them properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (20ml)
- 32 small scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh red Thai chile, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 80 ml sweet chili sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 125 ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Heat half of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallops in batches, until they just change in colour. Remove from wok.
- 2Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry garlic, ginger, chilies and onion until onion is soft.
- 3Stir in combined sauces, sugar and stock and bring to a boil. Return scallops to wok, stir until heated through.
- 4Serve scallops sprinkled with coriander.
You Might Also Like...View All New Zealand Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chile Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 378.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile
sweet chili sauce