Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These look great served in the scallop shells. Just make sure to wash and dry them properly.
Make and share this Chile Scallops recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (20ml)
- 32 small scallops
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 50 g fresh ginger, peeled, sliced thinly
- 2 fresh red Thai chile, seeded and chopped finely
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 80 ml sweet chili sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 125 ml chicken stock (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the scallops in batches, until they just change in colour. Remove from wok.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry garlic, ginger, chilies and onion until onion is soft.
- Stir in combined sauces, sugar and stock and bring to a boil. Return scallops to wok, stir until heated through.
- Serve scallops sprinkled with coriander.
Just awesome! had some issues finding the thai chiles so i used a couple of habaneros. yes, that's right, habaneros... i like things super hot. will post the pic i took of it if i can find it.
Just fantastic! I used some larger scallops and because I'd run out of sweet chili sauce used half the quantity of a hot chili sauce, although that did make it quite hot :-).