1/2 Photos of Chili Jam
A favourite at our family BBQs. You can serve this jam on almost anything e.g.: with steak, chicken, fish, or on fresh bread sticks or flat breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- 2Add garlic and onion and cook on a low slow heat until the onions are transparent.
- 3Note: do not brown the onions and garlic.
- 4Add chillies to the garlic and onion mixture and cook until the chillies are soft.
- 5Again being careful not to brown or burn the garlic, onion and chilli mixture.
- 6Next, to the mixture in the saucepan, add the tamarind paste, fish sauce and the sugar.
- 7Simmer for ten minutes then turn off heat.
- 8Cool for a few minutes and then pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is the consistency of jam.
- 9(Blend to a smoothiish texture) Pour into sterilised jam jar and store in fridge.
- 10The Chilli Jam will last for a couple of weeks in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Jam
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1946.5
- Calories from Fat 1475
- Total Fat 163.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2829.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 77.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g