1/2 Photos of Chilli King Prawns (Shrimp) Skewers With Pistachio Coriander Rub
Australian Women's Weekly recipe. You will need 8 skewers and don't forget to soak your skewers if you use bamboo skewers, so they don't burn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 uncooked large king prawns (2.2 kilo)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 long green chilies, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, roasted
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roasted
- 140 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Thread four prawns onto each skewer.
- 2Blend or process spices, green chilli, coconut, ginger, nuts, coconut milk and oil until mixture forms a paste. Transfer to small bowl and stir in the water.
- 3Rub paste into prawns. Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or BBQ), brushing occasionally with remaining paste, until prawns have changed colour and cooked through.
- 4Serve skewers sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top New Zealand Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli King Prawns (Shrimp) Skewers With Pistachio Coriander Rub
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 282.2 mg
- Sodium 1286.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: