Australian Women's Weekly recipe. You will need 8 skewers and don't forget to soak your skewers if you use bamboo skewers, so they don't burn.
- 32 uncooked large king prawns (2.2 kilo)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 long green chilies, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, roasted
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roasted
- 140 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- Shell and devein prawns. Thread four prawns onto each skewer.
- Blend or process spices, green chilli, coconut, ginger, nuts, coconut milk and oil until mixture forms a paste. Transfer to small bowl and stir in the water.
- Rub paste into prawns. Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or BBQ), brushing occasionally with remaining paste, until prawns have changed colour and cooked through.
- Serve skewers sprinkled with coriander leaves.