Australian Women's Weekly recipe. You will need 8 skewers and don't forget to soak your skewers if you use bamboo skewers, so they don't burn.
- 32 uncooked large king prawns (2.2 kilo)
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 14.79 ml coriander seed
- 1.23 ml chili flakes
- 2 long green chilies, chopped coarsely
- 29.58 ml desiccated coconut
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 29.58 ml blanched almonds, roasted
- 29.58 ml pistachios, roasted
- 140 ml coconut milk
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml fresh coriander leaves
- Shell and devein prawns. Thread four prawns onto each skewer.
- Blend or process spices, green chilli, coconut, ginger, nuts, coconut milk and oil until mixture forms a paste. Transfer to small bowl and stir in the water.
- Rub paste into prawns. Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate (or grill or BBQ), brushing occasionally with remaining paste, until prawns have changed colour and cooked through.
- Serve skewers sprinkled with coriander leaves.