Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Preparation time includes time to marinate.
Make and share this Chilli Plum Crabs recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium live blue crabs, uncooked (about 4 1/2 kilo)
- 125 ml plum sauce (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 125 ml sweet chili sauce (1/2 cup)
- Hold crabs firmly. Slide a sharp, strong knife under the top of the shell at the back, lever off the shell. Remove and discard the whitish gills. Rinse well under cold water. Crack nippers slightly and cut crabs in half.
- In a large bowl, combine crabs with remaining ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook undrained crabs on heated oiled BBQ, uncovered, until changed in colour, turning occasionally.