Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The fresh chilli adds a delcious spicy flavour to the prawns. This is a recipe from the old family cookbook, an suggests to serv on a bed of spaghetti, but rice is just as good.
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 6 shallots, finely chopped (scallions)
- 750 g green prawns (1 1/2lb)
- parsley, chopped to garnish
- Combine the tomato sauce with the sherry and sugar. Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat, add the chilli, garlic and ginger. Stir in the shallots and tomato mixture. Simmer fo 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the prawns and simmer until just cooked.
- Serve on a bed of spaghetti, garnished with chopped parsley.
Made for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #88 tag game and what a winner. DH gobbled these down. I did serve it over some rice and "gilded" Zucchini#457965. Thank you for posting.
Great flavor and very easy. I couldn't find a fresh red chili today so subbed a Serrano chili. Just the right amount of heat.
We enjoyed this thanks Tis! I made the recipe for two of us using half the prawns and oil, but all the rest of the ingredients. I tasted the tomato sauce mix and ended up adding in 3 tablespoons of Chinese black vinegar to cut the sweetness-it ended up just right for me with Russ saying it was as sweet as he'd like it to be. I served this over risoni pasta because it cooks so quickly!