1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I made this for dinner last night. It was really, really delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 duck (Cooked Chinese BBQ Duck)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 pieces lime rind
- 2 red chilies, split
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed and halved lengthways
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 500 g fresh rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 lime
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1Remove all the meat from the duck carcass reserving the bones. I remove as much fat as I can, and most of the skin, however the skin is really tasty so I like a bit of it in there. Shred the meat and refrigerate.
- 2Pour the stock into a saucepan, then add the bones, garlic, ginger, coriander sprigs, lime rind and chillies. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
- 3Strain and return stock to the saucepan.
- 4Add the shredded meat, baby bok choy and brocolli to the stock, bring to the boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the noodles according to directions (mine had boiling water poured over them, then stood for 30 seconds before being drained).
- 6Divide noodles between 4 bowls, top with bean shoots.
- 7Squeeze lime juice into soup, ladle the soup into the bowls and top with fresh coriander.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Barbecued Duck Soup
Serving Size: 1 (652 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1223.9
- Calories from Fat 597
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 707.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: