Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I made this for dinner last night. It was really, really delicious.
Make and share this Chinese Barbecued Duck Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 duck (Cooked Chinese BBQ Duck)
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly smashed
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 pieces lime rind
- 2 red chilies, split
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed and halved lengthways
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 500 g fresh rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 lime
- chopped fresh coriander
- Remove all the meat from the duck carcass reserving the bones. I remove as much fat as I can, and most of the skin, however the skin is really tasty so I like a bit of it in there. Shred the meat and refrigerate.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan, then add the bones, garlic, ginger, coriander sprigs, lime rind and chillies. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for an hour.
- Strain and return stock to the saucepan.
- Add the shredded meat, baby bok choy and brocolli to the stock, bring to the boil and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the noodles according to directions (mine had boiling water poured over them, then stood for 30 seconds before being drained).
- Divide noodles between 4 bowls, top with bean shoots.
- Squeeze lime juice into soup, ladle the soup into the bowls and top with fresh coriander.