My family adore this cake, the hardest part of making it, is leaving in the fridge for so long before serving! This can either be formed into a log or with a little more cream and extra biscuits it can be formed into a ring. Arnotts make Choc Ripple Biscuits.
- Add sugar and a drop of vanilla essence to the cream and whip until very stiff.
- Join biscuits together by standing a biscuit on its side and sandwich with the next biscuit using a generous spread of cream. Continue until all the biscuits have been used and resemble a log.
- Cover the log/ring thickly and entirely with the remaining cream. Place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours to set.
- Before serving, decorate with crushed pepermint crisp.
- When serving, cut cake at a slight angle to ensure alternate layers of chocolate biscuit and cream are in each slice.
Made this for the DS to take to his music recreation group which was really enjoyed. I decorated the drinking chocolate rather than using the peppermint bars and my serving platter was a little short to take all 27 biscuits, so stacked 3 for a mini stand up ripple cake. Thank you Tisme, made for Edition 9 - Make My Recipe.