Cupcakes have never been this chocolatey before! Or this deliciously decadent! No humble chocolate chips in these! Buried in the middle of each cupcake is a Lindt chocolate ball. YUM! One of ten cupcake recipes in the April 2006 issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 12-hole 2-tablespoon capacity flat-based patty pan with paper baking cases.
- Combine cocoa powder, flours and brown sugar in a bowl; make a well in the centre, add the eggs and butter and gently stir until all the ingredients are well-combined; stir in the white chocolate.
- Using half the mixture, one third fill each paper baking case, place one Lindt chocolate ball in the centre of each cake and then spoon the remaining mixture to completely cover each of the Lindt balls.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are firm to touch. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: You can use Lindt chocolate balls of any flavour or even a mixture of flavours. That way there will be an element of surprise when each Chocoholic's Cupcake is eaten!
Oh yum. I doubled the recipe and used the variety package to make Milk, Dark, and White chocolate, and Peanut Butter flavors. Well worth buying some rice flour to try out! I skipped out on the extra white chocolate but no one missed it. I particularly favored the pb ones. Maybe I'll try mint or raspberry next time, there will be a next time.
Made these & had them on the counter during one of my last monthly meetings here & THEY WERE A BIG HIT! I did as suggested & used a variety of flavors in the chocolate balls! Easy to make, too! This chocoholic gives you 13 thumbs up for this most definite keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]