Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious chocolate brownie swirled with creamy cheesecake mixture-Heavenly!
Make and share this Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- For the cheesecake: Beat the egg in a mixing bowl, then add the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- For the brownie: Melt the chocolate (better to use minimum of 70% cocoa solid) and butter together. Stir well and add the sugar.
- Gradually pour in the beaten egg, a little at a time, and beat well, until thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir in the flour.
- Spread 2/3 of the brownie mix over the base of a lined 8" tin. Spread the cheesecake mixture on the top, then spoon on the remaining brownie mixture in heaps.
- Using a skewer, swirl the mixtures together.
- Bake at 160°C/325°F/gas 3 for 30-35 minutes or until just set in the centre. Leave to cool in the tin, and then cut into squares.
Not sur ewhat happened to my original review, but here it is again. LOVED these! I used about 1/3 cup sugar in cheesecake batter. I baked in my 9x9 pan and took about 30 minutes. Used both semisweet chips and some dark chocolate. They were so good and all gone!! :)
4.5 stars. It's lighter and less sweet that most brownies which is a plus. I baked it at 300F (my oven is a lil hotter) for 35 mins and it came out a tad too soft. I tweaked it a bit, using 2.5 ounces sugar in the cream cheese mixture and 4.5 ounces in the chocolate mixture. For 4 ounces dark choc, I sub with Baker's Choices 2 oz semisweet (54% cc) and 2 oz unsweetened (100% cc). I also added a tiny pinch salt. Over all, it's delicious.
Delicious, I gave a square too each one of my friends today and they all loved them. When it cake out of the over it was very doughy which I wasnt expecting, so I cooked it for ten minutes longer. Still very very moist but delicious nonetheless. I also melted white chocolate and swirled it on top as was requested by one of my friends. The appearence was very nice. Thank you for the recipe, I will difinately be making these again.