Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a good friend of mine. My 10 y.o. daughter makes this recipe alot and my family just love them.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, sugars and vanilla extract. Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition. Mix in sifted flour and salt. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls and place on lightly greased oven tray, allowing room to spread. Bake in a moderate oven 10-12 minutes. Makes about 45.
Great recipe! Made a double batch and froze the dough.
I was looking on my phone last night for a recipe that used self rising flour. I found this one and gave it a go. It made two dozen large pillowy cookies. They were rather good and we brought up a few and forgot about them - this morning they were still soft and chewy which was surprising. Not a cookie for if you want spread out and crispy but I don't mind them either way.