These are my Hubby's favourite biscuit. These are also great if you replace 50-75g of choc chips with macadamia nuts!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar in bowl and, using an electric beater beat for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till well combined.
- Add flour, salt and chocolate also add nuts now is using. Mix well until combined.
- Taking heaped teaspoonfuls roll into balls and flatten slightly between palm of hands.
- Place on prepared tray 5cm apart and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on tray before removing to cooling racks.
Great cookies that were easy to make. I used dark chocolate chips & macadamia nut pieces - perfect combination. Everyone loved them. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
Great cookies and liked using the mini chips. I had never flattened chocolate chip cookies before baking but these were fun to make and tasted so good. I used hcopeland's Self-Rising Flour for the self rising flour as I dont use it enough to buy a bag and it worked nicely. Will make this recipe again!
Fantastic cookies! I didn't have choc chips so I used 125g white chips and about the same amount in volume of chopped apricots, as well as 1/4 cup shredded coconut. Also used all caster sugar. Very yummy I can't wait to make them as written!