Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy slcie/bar recipe using pantry staples.
Make and share this Chocolate Coconut Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Melt the butter over a low heat.
- Stir in the sugar, coconut, sifted flours and cocoa, then the lightly beaten egg.
- Spread mixture evenly over the base of a well greased 28cm x 11cm (11in x 7 in) lamington tin.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the slice is just firm to the touch.
- Spread with the icing immediately, stand for 10 minutes and then sprinkle over a little dessicated coconut if desired.
- Cut into bars and cool in the tin.
- To make the icing: sift the icing sugar ad cocoa into a bowl, stir in the butter and enough of the milk to make a thick paste.
An old favourite in our family - I did half coconut and half oats as I ran out but other than that followed the recipe. Very yummy especially the icing !!