1/1 Photo of Chocolate Coconut Bars
An easy slcie/bar recipe using pantry staples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed to measure
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat the oven to 190°C
- 2Melt the butter over a low heat.
- 3Stir in the sugar, coconut, sifted flours and cocoa, then the lightly beaten egg.
- 4Spread mixture evenly over the base of a well greased 28cm x 11cm (11in x 7 in) lamington tin.
- 5Bake 20 minutes, or until the slice is just firm to the touch.
- 6Spread with the icing immediately, stand for 10 minutes and then sprinkle over a little dessicated coconut if desired.
- 7Cut into bars and cool in the tin.
- 8To make the icing: sift the icing sugar ad cocoa into a bowl, stir in the butter and enough of the milk to make a thick paste.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Coconut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 1.5 g