1/1 Photo of Chocolate Crackle-Top Biscuits
This is from Super Food Ideas. An Australian biscuit is the same as a cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place butter and 50g chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat egg and brown sugar in a small bowl on high speed until thick. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- 4Chop remaining chocolate into small pieces. Stir into dough. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- 5Preheat oven to 180°C Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll in icing sugar to coat. Place biscuits on trays, allowing room to spread.
- 6Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until firm. Stand on trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crackle-Top Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g