Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Jill Dupleix
Make and share this Chocolate Espresso Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g bitter dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons espresso or 2 tablespoons very strong black coffee
- 200 g plain flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Line a small baking pan or roasting tray (eg, about 25cm x 20cm) with buttered foil or greaseproof paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar until pale.
- Beat in the coffee and then the half-cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the sifted flour and salt.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- It should be crusty on top, but still a bit gooey inside.
- Leave to cool in the pan.
- Serve just warm, or cold, cut into squares.
These are absolutely fantastic!! The coffee and chocolate go so well together, and the brownie was moist and gooey.