Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old Family Circle recipe that I fondly remember as a child - Best made in a bundt tin.
Make and share this Chocolate Madeira Cake With Chocolate Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C; grease and flour a bundt tin.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well, then add cocoa.
- Add milk alternately with sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour cake batter into the tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes and the flip onto cake rack.
- ICING GLAZE.
- Stir together icing sugar, vanilla and water to a smooth paste
- Spoon over cold cake in drizzle pattern.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Cut up copha and melt with chocolate. Stir well until smooth and drizzle over the cake in alternating drizzle to white icing.