1 hr 20 mins
An old Family Circle recipe that I fondly remember as a child - Best made in a bundt tin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C; grease and flour a bundt tin.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until fluffy.
- 4Add eggs, beating well, then add cocoa.
- 5Add milk alternately with sifted dry ingredients.
- 6Pour cake batter into the tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes and the flip onto cake rack.
- 7ICING GLAZE.
- 8Stir together icing sugar, vanilla and water to a smooth paste
- 9Spoon over cold cake in drizzle pattern.
- 10CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- 11Cut up copha and melt with chocolate. Stir well until smooth and drizzle over the cake in alternating drizzle to white icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Madeira Cake With Chocolate Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g