Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a copy-cat of Three Not so Blind Mice by Rita. We can't get the ingredients here in Australia, so I came up with this, but do check her recipe.
- 12 marshmallows (or large Glace cherries)
- 5 cm strap licorice
- 24 rainbow chocolate chips
- 12 chocolate candy melts (I use Coles farmland brand)
- 200 g baking chocolate
- 50 g Copha
- 24 almonds, flakes (or one ice cream wafer)
- Melt the chocolate and the copha together.
- With a large knife, cut the licorice into 12 long slivers.
- Line a tray with baking paper and lay the "tails" 2 inches apart.
- Dip your marshmallows into the chocolate, position each one on a tail.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on another sheet of baking paper, arrange your almond flakes into 12 "sets" of ears. OR for nut free, cut and arrange triangles of the ice cream wafer.
- By now the chocolate will have thickened up a little, so give it a stir, but don't re-melt.
- Using about 1/4 teaspoon of the chocolate, glue the melts onto the "ears". Make sure the little "drippy" bit of the melt is pointing down.
- Put in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- You may have to warm your chocolate slightly, but don't have it too runny.
- Put a dab of chocolate onto the back of the mouse "face" and glue to the body.
- Using tweezers, dip your preferred "eyes" into the chocolate, and position.
- Wipe the tweezers between uses.
- With a toothpick, put a tiny dab of chocolate on the eye.
I loved these, yum!
I loved these mice and I loved the pigs too. Thank you for making them for us.
These are just so cute. My daughters just loved them and I know I'm going to end up making some more Mice with them during the upcoming school holidays. I bet they looked gorgeous on the cake you were telling us about too. I think they would also look great on cupcakes. Thank you for making them for us.