From BH&G's Australian Diabetic Living Issue 12 2007. I have not included chilling time (3 - 4 hours) but have included 20 minute cooling time as part of cooking time. NOTE March 3rd 2011 I made a half recipe (for 4) and got 4 1 cup desserts and 1 3/4 cup desserts from the mix and after 4 hours chilling it was more like a thick pudding than a mousse but we still enjoyed but the one that was left over was beautifully set the next morning so would allow all day or overnight setting for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the water in a small bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine powder and stir.
- 2Set aside for 5 minutes, or until the powder swells and absorbs the water.
- 3Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, place the custard, chocolate and cocoa powder, stir over a low heat until chocolate dissolves. Whisk to combine.
- 4Add the gelatine, stir over a low heat until gelatine dissolves completely.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and transfer to a large heatproof bowl, set aside for 20 minutes to cool slightly.
- 6Using electric beaters, whisk the eggwhites until soft peaks form, add the sugar and whisk until firm peaks form.
- 7Add a large spoonful of the eggwhites to the chocolate mixture and fold in until combined. Add the remaining eggwhites and fold in until just combined.
- 8Evenly spoon the mousse between 8 x 185ml (3/4 cup) glass serving dishes, smooth the surface.
- 9Place on a a tray and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours or until set and well chilled - after making this I found it needed overnight to set as a mousse or you end up with a thick pudding.
- 10Dust with cocoa just before serving if using.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared low-fat custard