Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
This is a simple and very yummy recipe courtesy of Nigella Lawson. Not only is it easy to make, you can actually make it up to two days ahead of time (although it will keep for up to four days in the fridge..just make sure the cling film covering does not touch the surface). It can also be frozen for up to 1 month (wrap it in the tin in a double layer of cling film and a layer of tin foil).. I'm no dessert lover (although I love to make them!) and I always have a slice of this!! NB-All ingredients must be at room temperature before starting!!
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.Whizz the base ingredients in a processor,when it comes together in a clump,turn it out into a 23cm springform cake tin,and press it into the bottom and up the side a little to form a crust.Chill in the fridge.
- Process the filling ingredients until they form a smooth mixture.
- Pour this mixture on top of the chilled base and cook for 60 minutes (checking after 50 minutes).The top only, should feel set and dry.
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven while you make the topping. Warm the sour cream,chocolate and brown sugar gently in a saucepan over a low heat,whisking to blend in the chocolate as it melts.
- Spoon and spread the topping over the cheesecake as gently as possible (if it does break the surface, you'll just have a little marbling in your cake). Put it back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the oven,let it cool in it's tin,then cover it and leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve,take out of the fridge for a few minutes before hand,just to take the chill off-too long and it will become gooey and hard to slice.