bluemoon downunder's Note:
One of four Chocoholic Heaven recipes I found in a recent issue of the Australian 'Women's Day'. Delightfully decadent, totally yummy cakes with a chocolate-liqueur sauce. If you are serving them to guests, these can be made totally ahead of time, or if you want to serve them with the chocolate-liqueur sauce warm, the ingredients can be ready in a small saucepan and warmed just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 160 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup pecan meal (see Notes)
- 2/3 cup pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, grated
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to moderate 180°C, and grease 10 recesses in 2 6-hole muffin pans (2/3 cup), and line the bases and sides of the 10 holes withbaking paper.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over a low heat, transfer to a large bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beatthe sugar and egg yolks together until the mixture is thick and pale.
- 4Fold the egg mixture, pecan meal, pecans and grated chocolate into the chocolate mixture, until it is just combined.
- 5In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, fold the egg whites lightly into the chocolate mixture, then spoon into the prepared pans.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cooked when tested with a skewer, and cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- 7CHOC-LIQUEUR SAUCE: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan, stir over a low heat until smooth.
- 8TO SERVE: Serve the cakes drizzled with the choc-liqueur sauce and sprinkled with nuts.
- 9NOTES: If you cannot find pecan meal, make your own by processing 1 cup pecans until they are very finely chopped. The liqueur used in this recipe is Baileys Irish Cream liqueur, which Zaar seems reluctant - or unable - to list in quite that form!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pecan Cakes With Choc-Baileys Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.4
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 153.0 mg
- Sodium 53.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: