This is a REALLY popular Aussie dessert-one that you often find at potlucks. It's simple and yummy-what more could you ask for! Editing to add the photo is of a double mixture. Additional photos show the steps involved making this ring.
- 250 g chocolate cookies (not chocolate coated though)
- 500 ml thickened cream, lightly sweetened and stiffly beaten
- sweet sherry or raspberry jelly (optional)
- Take a cookie and dunk it quickly in sweet sherry (or smear it with jelly for children) if you wish-this helps speed up the cookies softening.
- spread the smooth side of the cookie thickly with cream and repeat.
- Sandwich the two you have done together and stand them on a plate.
- Repeat this until all the cookies are used and you have formed a"log" of cookies and cream.
- Cover the entire log thickly with more cream and cover loosely with cling wrap before refrigerating for about 8 hours-as I said, the sherry or jelly speeds this up (and I like the added flavour of either) Decorate with grated chocolate, or pipe extra cream around the log before serving.