1/6 Photos of Chocolate Ripple cake
This is a REALLY popular Aussie dessert-one that you often find at potlucks. It's simple and yummy-what more could you ask for! Editing to add the photo is of a double mixture. Additional photos show the steps involved making this ring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g chocolate cookies (not chocolate coated though)
- 500 ml thickened cream, lightly sweetened and stiffly beaten
- sweet sherry or raspberry jelly (optional)
- 1Take a cookie and dunk it quickly in sweet sherry (or smear it with jelly for children) if you wish-this helps speed up the cookies softening.
- 2spread the smooth side of the cookie thickly with cream and repeat.
- 3Sandwich the two you have done together and stand them on a plate.
- 4Repeat this until all the cookies are used and you have formed a"log" of cookies and cream.
- 5Cover the entire log thickly with more cream and cover loosely with cling wrap before refrigerating for about 8 hours-as I said, the sherry or jelly speeds this up (and I like the added flavour of either) Decorate with grated chocolate, or pipe extra cream around the log before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ripple cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.6
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 316.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g