This is an oldie that my grandmother used to make... fits in a slice tin 20x30cm, or double it for a 9x13inch tin and use the whole can of condensed milk.
- Line a slice tin with baking paper, allowing the paper to hang over the two longer sides. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees Farenheit/ 180 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all base ingredients together unti well combineed, and press into the slice tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in moderate oven. Cool slightly.
- While cooking the base melt all the topping ingredients together in a saucepan over a low heat. Spread over base when cooled a little.
- Once the topping has set, use the overhanging baking paper to pull the slice from the tin. Cut when cold.
Wow! DH said this is a recipe he could actually get fat off of! lol The kids really liked it as well. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Your instructions didn't say to grease the pan so I didn't. I will next time though. Removing them was extremely hard to do. Next time I will add either chopped walnuts or pecans or some sliced almonds to the topping as well. These remind me of those Brachs@ Coconut Triple Layer candies. Thanks so much for sharing! Made for the April 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
this was soooo yummy. My family loved it and needless to say it didn't last long. I am definately going to make this part of my regular repertoire. thanks for posting!
thanks chickee bring back great kiddie memories