This is a very simple but fancy looking shortbread sandwich which is very versatile. You can make a bittersweet chocolate filling, or a white chocolate filling...heaps of options. Found this recipe in Donna Hay's "dining" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cocoa powder
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1Place butter and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until light and creamy.
- 2Add flour, rice flour and cocoa powder, and mix till a smooth dough forms.
- 3Roll out dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper until it is 2mm (1/8 inch) thick.
- 4Cut dough into 6cm (2 1/2 inch) circles (or any shape you like maybe hearts) and place them on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- 5Bake dough circles in a preheated 315F (160C) oven for 15 minutes or until biscuits are firm to touch.
- 6Cool biscuits on wire racks.
- 7To make filling, place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- 8(You can use the microwave) Refrigerate mixture until it is firm.
- 9To serve, sandwich 2 biscuits together with a spoonful of chocolate filling.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Shortbread Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 64.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: