Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple but fancy looking shortbread sandwich which is very versatile. You can make a bittersweet chocolate filling, or a white chocolate filling...heaps of options. Found this recipe in Donna Hay's "dining" cookbook.
- Place butter and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until light and creamy.
- Add flour, rice flour and cocoa powder, and mix till a smooth dough forms.
- Roll out dough between sheets of non-stick baking paper until it is 2mm (1/8 inch) thick.
- Cut dough into 6cm (2 1/2 inch) circles (or any shape you like maybe hearts) and place them on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake dough circles in a preheated 315F (160C) oven for 15 minutes or until biscuits are firm to touch.
- Cool biscuits on wire racks.
- To make filling, place chocolate and cream in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth.
- (You can use the microwave) Refrigerate mixture until it is firm.
- To serve, sandwich 2 biscuits together with a spoonful of chocolate filling.