Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy-sounding recipe from the current issue of the Australian magazine 'super food ideas'. You'll need 8 pre-soaked wooden bamboo skewers. Feel free to vary the olives in this recipe. I haven't made these yet but I'd be inclined to use unpitted kalamata olives or perhaps half and half unpitted kalamata olives and the suggested pimento-stuffed green olives. I've suggested that these could be served at a picnic, if you were picnicking where there were BBQs. They could be made up to the end of step 1. For serving at a home BBQ, they could of course also be prepared to that stage and BBQd just before you are ready to serve them.
- 4 chorizo sausages or 460 g chorizo sausages or 14 1⁄2 ounces chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 360 g halloumi cheese or 11 1⁄2 ounces halloumi cheese, cubed
- 24 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat a BBQ plate or chargrill to a medium heat; cook chorizo for 1 minute on each side; combine the lemon zest, parsley and garlic in a small bowl and set aside; thread the chorizo, halloumi and olives onto the skewers and brush the skewered ingredients with oil.
- Cook the skewers, turning them occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the chorizo and halloumi are browned and heated through.
- Sprinkle the skewered Chorizo and Halloumi with the lemon mixture and serve.