1/4 Photos of Choux Pastry- for Profiteroles, Cream Puffs or Eclairs
An easy pastry to make. Can be used for profiteroles, cream puffs or eclairs. Pastry can be frozen after being cooled. When defrosted return to the oven to crisp if required. Unfilled pastries can be frozen for up to two months. For eclairs top with chocolate and fill with cream. For profiteroles top with chocolate and fill with custard or vanilla cream. For cream puffs sprinkle with icing sugar and fill with cream. A quick creamy filling is to blend a box of powdered dessert vanilla custard pudding mix with a carton of thickened cream (just use a balloon whisk). It's been a long time since I have used this recipe-so my servings is a guess
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the butter and the water in a saucepan. Bring the water to the boil and stir until the butter has melted. Remove from the stove.
- 2Stir in the sifted flour. Add the flour all at once. Beat until smoth.
- 3Return to the heat, and stir vigourously until the mixture leaves the sides of the saucepan and forms a smooth ball.
- 4Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- 5Whisk the eggs well and then add them to the choux ball. Beat the eggs into the mixture.
- 6Use a piping bag to pipe 7-10 cm lengths for eclairs, or place in spoonfuls onto greased cookie trays for cream puffs or profiteroles.
- 7Bake in a hot oven - 220°C for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 200°C and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- 8Turn the oven off.
- 9Remove from the oven and immediately make a small slit in the side of each puff to allow the steam to escape. Return to the oven for a few minutes to help dry them out. The oven has already been turned off.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choux Pastry- for Profiteroles, Cream Puffs or Eclairs
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g