1/1 Photo of Chris's Barbecue Chicken
4 hrs 10 mins
One of the ladies in my mother's group made us this chicken on the barbecue for lunch one week. We all loved it, and I am putting her recipe here for safe keeping. Chris suggests making extra as they are excellent cold, too! They are very easy to make. Cook time includes time to marinate in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (100 g) skinless chicken thighs (Chris uses "chicken chops" which are trimmed thighs with one main bone left in for a "handle")
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 75 ml dry cider or 75 ml white wine
- 75 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- black pepper
- 1Put all the sauce ingredients into a large bowl and add the chops, turning to coat.
- 2Leave to marinate in the fridge. The longer the better -- overnight is terrific, but just a few hours is good too.
- 3Cook on a HOT barbecue 15 - 20 minutes, turning once or twice, and basting them with any sauce left in the dish.
- 4Or you can cook them in the oven on about 200 for slightly longer -- say 20 - 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chris's Barbecue Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.0 mg
- Sodium 970.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: