My over used recipe book is not going to last forever, so I am copying this wonderful recipe here. A great addition to any festive table, the fruit is so refreshing after a big meal.
- eatcream, sugar and orange rind in a small bowl with elecric beaters until soft peaks form.
- Fold in mascarpone and 2 teaspoons of Cointreau.
- Combine berries with another 2 teaspoons of Cointreau.
- Combine Cointreau and juice in another bowl.
- Dip sponge fingers in liquid one at a time and arrange 1/2 on the bottom of 8 cup serving bowl.
- Top with 1/2 cream mixture and 1/2 berriy mixture.
- Repeat finishingwith the berries.
- I use any berries that take my fancy, like frozen three berry combo, but always use fresh strawberries :-).
Its not Xmas but I halved this and made a treat for DD and myself. I used up some frozen sponge cake instead of sponge fingers and my berries were just strawberries but any berry is great with cointreau ! I loved this !