1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Almond Shortbread Pear
Chef floWer's Note:
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree.... These shortbread pears remind me of the 12 days of Christmas song. I was given something similar to these for Christmas and the whole family really enjoyed them so I wanted to tried to make them myself and here is what I came up with.. These are prefect for gifts not only Christmas time. It's also my families tradition to serve shortbread biscuits to visitors who go to visit a new born baby, these would be ideal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C/300oF/Mark2.
- 2Line oven trays with baking parchment and put the tray in the oven.
- 3In a large bowl sifted flour, cinnamon and almond meal. Mix well. Set aside.
- 4In another bowl beat butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence until light and creamy.
- 5Combine flour mixture and butter mixture, (may need to use hands) to form a dough.
- 6Roll the mixture into a large plum size or walnut sized balls and then shape each ball into a pear. (The more smaller you make them the more cloves you would need).
- 7Place the base of the clove (star shape end) on the top of the pear to the form the core.
- 8Place the pears on hot tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until pale golden. (Please note if you are making them plum size baked them for 12 minutes or until pale golden, but if you are making walnut size it would be quicker).
- 9Remove tray and allow pears to stand on trays for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- 10Dust lightly with icing sugar. Store.
- 11Note: Please let everyone who is eating the shortbread pear knows it's a real clove on the top because they may want to remove it before eating.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Almond Shortbread Pear
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.8 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g