Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a pamphlet by Sanitarium called "Eat to prevent cancer", thought it sounded yum! *LSA is a combination of ground linseeds, sunflower seed and almonds, available in the health food section of the supermarket. It’s perfect sprinkled on cereal or yoghurt, and can be used in muffin and cake recipes. Store leftover LSA in a sealed container in the freezer.
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup processed natural bran
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apple
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄2 cup LSA
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer muesli to an airtight container for storage.
- Lightly shake container before serving the muesli.
- Serve with chilled soy or dairy milk.
This was good and healthy! I gan't get LSA here so used flax seed, almonds and sunflower seeds and ground them up in my coffee grinder. I served with almond milk and had a great breakfast! I did half the recipe. Thanks Mandy! Made for the Australian Swap-Oct. 2009.