1/1 Photo of Citrus Compote With Honey and Golden Raisins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine the wine, orange juice and honey.
- 2Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and, using the tip of a knife, scrape the seeds into the pan.
- 3Add the pod and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- 7Using a sharp knife, cut a thick slice off the top and bottom of each orange to reveal the flesh.
- 8Then, standing each orange upright on a cutting surface, cut off the peel and white membrane in thick, wide strips.
- 9Working with 1 orange at a time, hold the orange over a bowl and cut along either side of each segment to free it from the membrane, letting the segments drop into the bowl.
- 10Repeat this same technique with the grapefruits, using the tip of the knife to remove any seeds.
- 11Peel the kiwifruits.
- 12Cut each into 8 wedges and add to the oranges and grapefruits.
- 13Add the cooled liquid and raisins, removing the vanilla pod, and stir.
- 14To serve, spoon the fruit into individual bowls.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Compote With Honey and Golden Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: