Citrus Compote With Honey and Golden Raisins
- In a saucepan, combine the wine, orange juice and honey.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and, using the tip of a knife, scrape the seeds into the pan.
- Add the pod and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to about 1 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a thick slice off the top and bottom of each orange to reveal the flesh.
- Then, standing each orange upright on a cutting surface, cut off the peel and white membrane in thick, wide strips.
- Working with 1 orange at a time, hold the orange over a bowl and cut along either side of each segment to free it from the membrane, letting the segments drop into the bowl.
- Repeat this same technique with the grapefruits, using the tip of the knife to remove any seeds.
- Peel the kiwifruits.
- Cut each into 8 wedges and add to the oranges and grapefruits.
- Add the cooled liquid and raisins, removing the vanilla pod, and stir.
- To serve, spoon the fruit into individual bowls.