This recipe was from Super Food Ideas Magazine (March 2004). These cakes are fantastic- beautiful fresh flavours with the oranges, lemons and limes. Use a good quality flour blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C Lightly grease an 8 x 1/2-cup capacity mini loaf pan or a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter, 2/3 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon each of lemon, orange and lime rind for 8 minutes, or until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Add flour, almond meal and milk to butter mixture. Mix.
- 4Spoon into pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 5Stand for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack over a baking dish.
- 6Place remaining sugar and 1/3 cup each of lemon, orange and lime juice into a saucepan over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 8 minutes, or until syrup thickens slightly.
- 7Use a skewer to prick holes in tops of cakes. Pour warm syrup over warm cakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Syrup Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour