Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love to serve this with either a citrus flavoured whipped cream or cream flavoured with Godiva Liqueur (chocolate) and strawberries. My favourite fruit to go over cream is strawberries and passionfruit marinated in Cointreau liqueur, (see my recipe Strawberries in Cointreau - Pavlova Topping). There is no fat in pavlova so if you want to make it completely guilt-free use a fat free or low fat topping in place of cream then add your favourite fruit.
- Beat whites & salt until stiff and dry; add castor sugar gradually, beating well between each addition, making sure sugar is dissolved.
- Mix together white sugar and cornflour, lightly fold into meringue with vinegar.
- Spread mixture in a heap onto a baking paper lined oven tray; using a spatula spread out a little, but leaving fairly high and indenting the middle slightly as you smooth it out; when cooked you break around the indentation gently, it will fall into centre making more room for the filling.
- If you prefer you can spread the base then pipe the rest of the meringue to build up sides and make decorative.
- Makes 1 large or 8 small; cook both sizes in slow oven 150degC (300degF) or 130degC (250degF) fan forced for 30-40 minutes.