1/4 Photos of Clay Pot Swiss Chicken and Mushrooms
1 hr 5 mins
We had this the other night for dinner and enjoyed it a lot. Served this over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for at least 15 minutes.
- 2Shake chicken pieces in bag containing the flour, oregano, paprika, marjoram and garlic salt. Keep the remaining flour mixture.
- 3Brown the chicken pieces in a frying pan, quickly, with the olive oil. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Place the browned chicken in the claypot, add the chopped green onions and the sliced mushrooms to the claypot.
- 4To the chicken drippings in the frying pan add the rest of the flour mixture to cook out slightly.
- 5Once cooked add the white wine and sour cream until sour cream has just melted and mixed through. Pour this whole mixture over the chicken.
- 6Spread the grated swiss cheese over the chicken and place the covered pot in a cold oven.
- 7Set the temperature to 250C or 480F and cook for approximately 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked to your liking checking after 30-35 minutes.
- 8I like to drain any oil accumulated from the chicken, sour cream and cheese and to do this I blot with paper towels.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Swiss Chicken and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.1
- Calories from Fat 855
- Total Fat 95.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.7 g
- Cholesterol 389.8 mg
- Sodium 409.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 80.5 g