Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Oct/Nov 2007 Issue of Donna Hay Magazine.
Make and share this Coconut and Basil Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 150 g snow peas
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 1 cup Thai basil
- 1 long green chili, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 400 g coconut cream
- 15 g ginger, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fish stock
- coconut oil, melted
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper and pan fry with coconut oil until cooked through. Remove from pan, shred and keep warm.
- Add more oil, garlic, ginger and lemongrass to pan and cook for a couple of minutes, add fish sauce and then stir in stock and coconut cream and cook until starts to thicken (around 5 mins). Add snow peas and cook until just cooked.
- Divide chicken between bowls and spoon over coconut sauce and sprinkle basil leaves, lime leaves and chilli.
What a lovely recipe Amanda. I enjoyed this dish very much. Loved the use of the snow peas, lemongrass and kaffir leaves, so yummy. We really enjoyed the soft subtle flavors in this delicious chicken dish. I served it over jasmin rice. Thanks for sharing a dish that I will make again. Made for Diabetic Tailgate party.
Took a trip to a recommended Asian market this past weekend & managed to pick up the kaffir lime leaves AND the Thai basil that was called for in this recipe ~ Am pretty sure I could have found a suitable substitute, but wanted to do it up right! This is a great tasting chicken dish, & one worth keeping around! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]
WOW. this was superb. I sadly didn't have any kaffir lime leaves so used a little lime zest (i know, not the same flavor but all i had). Will make this often!