1/2 Photos of Coconut and Mango Friands
wicked cook 46's Note:
Posting for the ZWT Australia/ New Zealand Found on the web at about.com "The "Friand" is a small, moist cake made with almond meal and flour. It is of French origin and may be related to the Parisian "financier" cake. Through the years the Friand has become a popular treat in the Australian cafe scene. While delicate and delicious on its own, the Friand can also be flavored with fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, lemon or orange. This particular recipe gives the Friand a tropical touch with fresh mango and desiccated coconut." I think a cheek of mano is probably half a mango LOL and you need a 6 mini loaf tins to hold 1/2 cup of liquid
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- 2Grease six mini loaf tins. Set aside
- 3Combine castor sugar, flour, almond meal and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add the egg whites and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- 5Add the melted butter and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- 6Spoon the mixture into the tins so that it reaches 3/4 of the way up the side.
- 7Press several pieces of mango into the cake mixture in each tin. Do the same with the dried cranberries.
- 8Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden. Test the cake by skewering a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- 9Remove cakes from the oven and cool in tins for about 4 minutes.
- 10Gently turn the cakes out of the tins and cool on a wire rack.
- 11Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- 12To store, keep friands in a air-tight container for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut and Mango Friands
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g