Cute little individual tarts that are decadent tasting. From Donna Hay's Food Fast Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups cream
- 300 g quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2Place the egg whites, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine them.
- 3With wetted hands or a spoon, press the coconut mixture into eight 3/4 cup (6 fl oz) capacity, deep muffin tins, covering the base and sides to make a shell.
- 4Place in a preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the shells are just beginning to turn a light golden colour.
- 5Cool the shells for 1 minute, then gently remove them from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- 6Make the filling while the bases are cooking.
- 7Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until almost boiling.
- 8Remove the cream from heat.
- 9Add the chopped chocolate and stir through until the chocolate has melted and the filling is smooth.
- 10Pour the chocolate filling into the coconut tart shells and place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate filling is set.
- 11Serve with coffee or berries as a dessert.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Chocolate Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g