Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cute little individual tarts that are decadent tasting. From Donna Hay's Food Fast Cookbook
Make and share this Coconut Chocolate Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Place the egg whites, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine them.
- With wetted hands or a spoon, press the coconut mixture into eight 3/4 cup (6 fl oz) capacity, deep muffin tins, covering the base and sides to make a shell.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the shells are just beginning to turn a light golden colour.
- Cool the shells for 1 minute, then gently remove them from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Make the filling while the bases are cooking.
- Place the cream in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until almost boiling.
- Remove the cream from heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir through until the chocolate has melted and the filling is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the coconut tart shells and place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until the chocolate filling is set.
- Serve with coffee or berries as a dessert.
These were unbeleivable! They were so easy to make and really good. I made them in mini muffin pans for little tarts and had twice as much filling as I needed, though. They were so good I decided to add them to my menu for my sons grad open house. Thanks so much.
Perfection! Crispy coconut crusts with smooth chocolate centers! These are quite low carb as well. I made into 12 crusts and the amount of filling was right on, up to the rim. Once I had baked the crusts, they were browning at the edges, but still slightly soggy at the bottoms. So I inverted and put them back in oven, upside down, for a bit, before cooling and filling them.
These were great and pretty simple to make. I made them for an evening get together and people loved them. The coconut shells could be used for lots of other things too. Thanks!