Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Made with filo pastry. Serve with coffee for dessert. Whilst recipe calls for butter and oil, I just spray my filo with vegetable oil spray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F or 220°C
- 2Stir together butter and oil.
- 3Arrange 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface with a long side of phyllo nearest you, keeping remaining sheet covered.
- 4Brush with some butter mixture and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- 5Top with remaining sheet of phyllo, then brush with remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon sugar.
- 6Cut phyllo in half crosswise and stack. Cut stack into quarters and cut each quarter diagonally twice (in an X) to form 4 triangles (for a total of 16 triangles).
- 7Arrange triangles, spaced evenly, on 2 ungreased baking sheets and sprinkle with coconut.
- 8Bake in middle and lower third of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden and crisp, 5 to 6 minutes total.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.2
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g